Tired of hearing “let me think about it?” As Dan Cuprill of Advisor Architect shares on today’s episode, you can increase your closing ratio significantly, if you know how to uncover the 9 landmines that undermine the planning process from the start. You need to know what questions to ask to disqualify prospects that won’t be ideal clients, and how to tell when prospects just want free information.
Dan Cuprill is a wealth coach and advisor at Matson and Cuprill. He’s also the author of Advisor Architect: Building the Practice You Always Wanted and the creator of the Advisor Architect System. Dan also writes a blog and hosts a podcast at Profitable Advisor, where he gives advice about building a truly profitable practice.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What We Cover:
- Why you’ve got to accept the reality that there are a lot of people out there that won’t want to hire you
- Giving a prospect information won’t necessarily make them want to leave a longstanding advisor, if they have one
- Dan’s tactics for being upfront with prospects and kindly parting with non-ideal clients
- Having too few appointments is a marketing problem, not a selling one
- Why advisors should be setting profit-based goals
- Some of the potential landmines you’ll encounter with potential clients
- How charging for a plan subtly shifts the relationship from prospecting-mode to client-mode
- You should charge for your financial plans – and charge what you’re really worth
- Why charging for your services helps clients feel that they’re getting truly objective analysis
- How recurring revenue creates sellable equity in your business
Ideas Worth Sharing:You have to bill what you think you’re worth. - @DanCuprill Click To Tweet People don’t make significant changes in their lives for logical reasons. - @DanCuprill Click To Tweet Anything could be a landmine; you need to make certain the big ones are out of the way. - @DanCuprill Click To Tweet
Resources for this Episode:
- Dan Cuprill: Kill the Caveman | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Advisor Architect: Building the Practice You Always Wanted by Dan Cuprill
- The Advisor Architect System
- Profitable Advisor
- Dave Ramsey
- Want to connect with Automated Advisor for a free strategy call? Click here!