Many advisors today are frustrated with Social Media, and rightfully so. Aside from connecting with other advisors, many have found the results of Social Media less than exciting. On today’s episode, Best Selling Author Amy McIlwain of Financial Social Media will share how Social has evolved and how to use Social TODAY to find and attract your ideal clients.
Amy McIlwain is an entrepreneur, social media expert, and Hootsuite’s Global Industry Principal. She’s also a international speaker and the author of the bestselling book The Social Advisor: Social Media Secrets of the Financial Services Industry. Amy has appeared on CNN, FOX, ABC, and CNBC to share her extensive knowledge on the intricacies of social media.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What We Cover:
- How to use social media for both lead generation and nurturing relationships
- The difference between organic and paid social and why you should leverage both
- Why it’s essential to pick platforms where you know your target audience likes to spend their time
- Make sure you add a Call to Action to every post – organic and paid alike
- The secret weapon that too few advisors and marketers are talking about
- How to harness the power of your existing clients’ social networks to tap into their “like audience”
- Creating content is the hard part – boost your efforts with social media
- Why you should absolutely not shrink your offline marketing strategy and try to apply it online
- Pick a strategy and one platform when you’re getting started
- Be yourself – a genuine and open person – and you’ll have success
Ideas Worth Sharing:Social isn’t a silver bullet. But it’s a way to build trust & credibility. - @amymcilwain Click To Tweet The window for social is not big. If you want to take advantage, do it now. - @amymcilwain Click To Tweet Number 1 when choosing a platform: you need to be where your audience is. - @amymcilwain Click To Tweet
Resources for this Episode:
- Amy McIlwain: Website | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- The Social Advisor: Social Media Secrets of the Financial Services Industry by Amy McIlwain
- Penn Mutual
- Imeriti Financial
- Automated Advisor Lead Multiplier Webinar
- Want to connect with us for a free strategy call? Click here!